This expert has a company dedicated to drowning and aquatic injury prevention and emergency management. In that regard, they develop educational curricula in Lifeguard Operations and Management, Aquatics Safety and Drowning Prevention, Water Rescue, Swiftwater Rescue, and Ice Rescue, and conduct this training both nationally and internationally for the Public Safety and Rescue, as well as the Lifeguard and Aquatic Recreation Sectors.
In addition, this expert serves on the Board of Directors for the National Drowning Prevention Alliance, as well as on Advisory Committees for the International Swimming Hall of Fame and the American Red Cross. He is also a member of the United States Lifesaving Association and the National Water Safety Congress.
This expert has written and published over 40 articles, and has served as a subject matter expert on numerous occasions for NBC's Today Show; MSNBC News; CNN; ABC's Good Morning America; CBS' Early Show; The Weather Channel; The Discovery Channel; and The History Channel.
Prior to starting his safety consulting company, this expert was employed by the American Red Cross for 14 years as a Health and Safety Services Professional, during which time, was responsible for training and supervising Water Safety and Lifeguard Instructors and Instructor Trainers, including for the states of New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Texas, and 1.5 years of that time was working for National Headquarters in Washington, D.C.
- Location: Kennebunkport, Maine
- B.S., University of Bridgeport
- Water Rescue, Swiftwater Rescue, and Ice Rescue Instructor Trainer; Firefighter/EMT; Affiliated with National Drowning Prevention Alliance; United States Lifesaving Association; Water Safety Congress; and International Swimming Hall of Fame.
- Multiple publications, including Water Rescue Course Guidebooks, Aquatic Safety Seminar books, and over 40 articles in aquatic research and education
- Guest Speaker at state, regional and national conferences on subjects of Aquatics Safety, Water Rescue, Ice Rescue, and Submerged Vehicle Rescue.
- Current, Aquatic Safety and Water Rescue Consultant, private consulting group