This case involves a small explosion which took place at a family party. The plaintiff, a forty-three-year-old female, was preparing to make breakfast for her family, which were celebrating the Fourth of July at their lake house. The female, a former chef, liked to cook outdoors and had a portable, gas cartridge stove so that she could cook outside. She had used a similar model (manufactured by the same company) on numerous occasions and had the model in question delivered the day before. Following all instructions, she attempted to use the portable stove, however, when she pressed the ignite button, the device exploded. She sustained second-degree burns on her legs and arms and damage to her lake house’s deck. Plaintiff retained an expert in explosives for the issue.