This case involves a middle-aged man who presented to the hospital complaining of difficulty swallowing which had persisted for several hours before he arrived. According to the patient, he had been at a business dinner with several clients when a piece of food became lodged in his esophagus. A chest x-ray revealed the obstruction within the patient’s esophagus, and an endoscopy was scheduled with a gastroenterologist at the same hospital. During the procedure, the patient vomited a substantial quantity of barium that the patient had swallowed earlier in order to obtain images of his esophagus. As a result, the patient developed a severe case of pneumonia, which required an extended stay in the hospital to treat and nearly killed the patient on multiple occasions.