This case involves a maintenance worker who was killed by an electrical explosion while working in a residential building. The maintenance worker had recently been hired and was tasked with clearing out a storage space adjacent to the electrical control panel room. The control panel room housed an electric panel that powered the heating and cooling system as well as the bus ducts and the transformer. A recent storm had caused water to leak into the control panel room. Although the building superintendent was aware of this leak, she did not notify the maintenance worker. In addition, the area surrounding the room did not have any signage to indicate the ambient electrical hazards. In the course of completing his maintenance task, the bus duct exploded. The worker sustained burns covering more than 80% of his body and later died from his injuries. Further investigation of the incident revealed no record of the electrical bus system having ever been inspected. It was alleged the superintendent was negligent in the electrical maintenance of the building.