This case involves two plaintiffs living in low-income apartment housing that died due to carbon monoxide poisoning. The pipes in the boiler room allegedly began to rust and crack causing a carbon monoxide leak. There were no carbon monoxide detectors present in the apartments or boiler room to warn the residents. The building superintendent alleged that an inspection of the boiler room was conducted 6 months before the second resident passed away. An expert in boiler maintenance and repair was sought to opine on inspection and maintenance standards.