This case involves an upstate New York homeowner who passed away after being electrocuted by a live power line. The homeowner was driving home during a thunderstorm and didn’t realize that the line had gone down. The homeowner drove over the line and became electrocuted upon attempting to exit the vehicle. The power line in question was attached to a wooden power pole located directly on the homeowner’s property and owned by the homeowner. However, the homeowner had just moved to the property two weeks before the incident and was unaware that he owned this power pole and was unaware that he was responsible for it’s maintenance as well. It was alleged that the real estate agent did not disclose the homeowner’s responsibility for maintaining the pole. An expert in real estate was sought to discuss whether or not the real estate agent should have notified the homeowner of his responsibility to maintain the pole.