This case involves a devastating fire that was ignited by a malfunctioning Kenmore double oven electric range caused by faulty wire assembly. The plaintiff had purchased the oven from a major national retailer and promptly advised them that the oven was not working properly, noting that the range would turn on to extremely high temperatures, and wouldn’t stop heating. In addition to contacting the retailer, the plaintiff also contacted the manufacturer with the same explanation. The oven was still under a full manufacturer’s warranty and the plaintiff was instructed by both the retailer and the manufacturer to contact a service repair company in the general region to have the oven fixed. Upon arrival at the plaintiff’s home, the serviceman advised the plaintiff that his employer had given him improper paperwork and that he didn’t have the necessary skills or parts to provide needed repairs. After that, he left the plaintiff’s residence without correcting the issue and without disabling the device. Three weeks after the service call, the oven malfunctioned once again, causing a major house fire, which destroyed the home and which caused the death of the plaintiff’s young son.