This case involves a twenty-year-old employee at a fast food restaurant. The employee was required to clean the exhaust filters that were located approximately 5 feet above a deep fryer. The employee placed a wooden cover over three of the fryer’s four bins, all four of which contained hot grease. The employee stood on a chair that she had placed on the wooden covers to reach and remove the filters. The employee fell from the chair and she suffered second-degree and third-degree burns over 10% of her body when her arm and shoulder were immersed in the hot grease that was in the fourth bin. She was hospitalized for four days and later had to have plastic surgery for scarring that resulted from the burns. The employee sued the restaurant for negligence.