This case involves an esthetician who was handling the components of a multifunction spa treatment device. The esthetician was holding the high-frequency electrode like a pencil as she inserted it into its handle. The electrode suddenly shattered and the broken glass severely cut her at the base of her right index finger. This caused her radial digital nerve to be severed. The unit had been designed by the manufacturer to require that the esthetician use their bare hand to apply force to insert the electrode into the handle. The esthetician was later diagnosed with complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) that affected the area of her right hand along the base of her middle finger, through the base of her thumb, and continuing towards her wrist. The esthetician also developed “trigger finger” which caused her right index finger to remain in a permanently flexed position. The esthetician was required to undergo treatment that involved pain medication and the use of stellate ganglion blocks. The esthetician eventually reached the point where the CRPS became permanent and was impossible to cure.