This case involves an electrician who was called to fix a malfunction of an electrical transformer at a Washington construction site. Despite the electrician’s unfamiliarity with the construction site, the electrician was not warned of any particular hazards. The electrician proceeded to open the transformer box using a long pole to keep a distance. To maneuver the pole, the electrician took a few steps back. He subsequently fell into an unmarked hole in the ground that was approximately 2 feet deep and concealed by debris. The electrician suffered severe damage to both his legs and lower back which permanently disabled him.