This case involves an elderly woman with a history of pulmonary fibrosis who was swimming in a private pool at her retirement community. At 5:37 am while the woman was swimming, the entire reservoir of chemicals was pumped into the pool through the jets. The woman quickly exited the pool but still inhaled chlorine gas and required hospital transfer from the scene. Her pulmonary fibrosis was exacerbated by the incident causing her to suffer from frequent headaches and ongoing pulmonary complications. The retirement facility claimed there was a power outage which caused the pumps to spontaneously release chlorine into the pool. An expert in pool maintenance was sought to discuss the standards for inspecting automatic pumps in a commercial pool.