This case involves a suburban apartment complex that had a new boiler system installed. The ventilation of the boiler system was not installed in accordance with the factory specifications, allowing carbon monoxide to escape through vents into the living areas of multiple apartments. Several members of the apartment’s maintenance staff and a handful of residents suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning as a result. Since the installation of the new boiler system, the affected parties have had a host of issues including fainting episodes, liver issues, and memory problems. An expert in carbon monoxide poisoning was sought to discuss the long-term effects of carbon monoxide on the body.