This case involves a light switch which was allegedly defective. The plaintiffs bought a house and had new three new light switches installed in their living room. The electrician reported no issues during installation, but, according to the plaintiffs, small sparks would be seen when the lights were turned on and off. The plaintiffs wanted to alert the electrician but were unable to get ahold of him for four days. While both plaintiffs were at work, their house burned down from a fire that inspectors determined started in the living room. There had been other complaints regarding the light switch’s manufacturer, and some lawsuits filed regarding sparks causing fires.