This case involves a product liability claim involving a man who was severely burned by a single-wick candle in his home. Within 30-40 minutes, flames spread to the whole pool of oil and turned the candle into a tower of 10-inch flames. The candle burned the table it was on and a portion of the floor nearby. It was alleged that the mixture of wax and oils of this candle was improperly formulated and improperly mixed during manufacturing. An expert in candle manufacturing was sought to explain how wax and oils are mixed together in the candle making process and what possible flaws in the process can lead to accidents like this.