At Expert Institute, we are pioneers and disruptors in the legal tech space. Simply put, we pair attorneys with the perfect expert witnesses to win high-stakes cases and be the hero for the people, families, and businesses they serve.
In our history, we have had a helping hand in billions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for our clients. We have helped all kinds of litigators work on all types of cases including many national headline cases involving well-known brands like Google, Uber, Microsoft, Facebook, the NFL, the MLB and many others.
We have an entrepreneurial mindset the same as our clients which means our business model is calculated, fast-paced, and highly efficient. Our marketing engine is second to none and generates 100s of new inbound leads weekly. Once an attorney on any case speaks with us, we immediately help them consult with industry specialists and key opinion leaders to educate and inform them while navigating through any theory of liability, causation, and damages - in other words, help them position for the win.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who will make a significant impact on the company’s websites and technology platform as we continue to expand on a national scale.
The Software Engineer reports to the Lead Architect and will work closely with all members of the technology team (CTO, Product Manager, Web Designer, Data Strategy Engineer, Salesforce Engineers) to advance Expert iQ - the Expert Institute’s recently launched Client Portal, which enables our legal clients to more efficiently interact with experts within our network.
This is a great opportunity to blend your creative and technical skills through a variety of interesting and far-future thinking projects, have a significant impact, and participate in a high-growth company with an incredible culture.
You’re an experienced full-stack software engineer, interested in both the backend API development as well as the user-facing components of a software product.
You have a clear understanding of the role of data, analytics, metrics, and statistics in the building of a successful software product.
You’re passionate about the quality of the software you design and deliver, and are excited about exploring future system design and improving our architecture in a complex domain.
You are excited to work from our new office in the Third Ward of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- A degree in Computer Science, and/or a demonstrable relevant experience
- 2+ years of relevant work experience as a software engineer
- Knowledge of and experience with agile software processes and modern development methodologies/best practices
- Ability to write clean, organized, and reusable code
- Proficiency with a cloud platform and related storage systems such as Google Cloud Platform or AWS
- Working knowledge of scripting languages, data-oriented/database languages (PostgreSQL, SQL), micro-services, web services, continuous integration tools, and version control systems (Git)
- Ability to design and develop automated testing strategies and build automated testing frameworks
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.