At Expert Institute, we are pioneers and disruptors in the legal space. Simply put, we pair attorneys with the perfect expert witnesses to win high-stakes cases and be the hero for the people, families, and businesses they serve.
In our history, we have had a helping hand in billions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for our clients. We have helped all kinds of litigators work on all types of cases including many national headline cases involving well-known brands like Google, Uber, Microsoft, Facebook, the NFL, the MLB and many others.
We are looking for a motivated and a product-minded QA Engineer to join our Technology team in our Milwaukee office. This is a tremendous growth opportunity to help us scale Expert IQ - our cloud based platform used by our clients to manage all of their expert consulting needs. In addition to working on this platform, you’ll be involved in laying solid foundations for many more greenfield product initiatives underway.
The position will report to the Lead Software Architect, and will play an important part in Expert Institute’s product development process. You will be part of the agile process and will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. The ideal candidate has experience creating and implementing a strategy for quality coordination and testing as well as suggesting solutions to identified quality problems. Additional responsibilities include debugging and defining corrective actions, reviewing system requirements and track quality assurance metrics, and working closely with the Technology, Product, and Customer Success teams to help provide a cohesive, exceptional end-user experience.
You are passionate about quality assurance in the agile process and want to further develop your skills in this career path. You’re interested in leveraging your technical knowledge and quality assurance background to make an impact on a high-growth, startup business. You consider yourself a problem solver and can think outside the box when it comes to finding creative solutions to quality assurance testing and challenges. You’re a great team player, strong communicator and have experience serving as an integral part of a technology and development team as a reliable source for a product’s quality assurance.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Work closely with internal teams (e.g. product team and developers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results and collect quality data
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- 2-3+ years of experience with software QA tools and processes
- 1+ years of experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies and others
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRMs preferred but not required
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Team player, but also able to work independently
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skill
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.