This expert is a board-certified general surgeon who has over 25 years of experience as a chief/director of surgery. He is extensively published in general surgery and in particular on disease of the liver, pancreas, bile duct, hernia, bowel obstruction, and laparoscopic surgery. He holds a major medical patent, is actively involved in teaching, research and serves as an editor for several prominent medical journals.
- Location: WA
- B.A., Psychology, University of California, Berkeley
- M.D., University of California, Irvine
- Active License(s): WA, CT
- Board Certified, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Board Certified, American Board of Surgery
- Publications: 140+ publications in Hernia, Pancreas, Liver, Bile Duct, Cancer and Laparoscopic Surgery.
- Expertise in liver, bile duct, pancreas disease and surgery, complex hernias, bowel obstruction bile duct injury and Nutrition.
- Former, Residency, Surgery, University of Washington Affiliated Hospitals
- Former, Associate Professor of Surgery, University of Washington School of Medicine
- Former, Professor of Surgery, Chief of General Surgery, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Former, Director, Laparoscopic Fellowship Training Program, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Former, Chair of Surgery, Hospital of St. Raphael, CT
- Current, Director of liver, biliary and pancreas surgery center of excellence at a major healthcare center in Washington State