This expert is a designer and educator. He is a partner at a company dedicated to sustainable practices in design for production. He is principal of a design studio. He has been a member of the faculty at a RI design school in the Departments of Industrial Design, Interior Architecture and Furniture Design and previously served as interim dean of the Division of Architecture + Design. He is currently head of the Furniture Design department.
His work has been shown in over 100 exhibitions, including 10 solo exhibitions, and is included in several private and public collections such as the Museum of Fine Arts Boston and the National Museum of American Art at the Smithsonian in Washington, DC. His furniture has been included in dozens of publications such as the New York Times and Newsweek. His work has also been featured in books and catalogs such as New American Furniture and Now I Sit Me Down.
- Location: RI
- BA, English, University of Rhode Island
- MFA, Furniture Design in Industrial Design, Rhode Island School of Design
- Former, Partner, Dunnigan Wahl Associates
- Former, Part-time Faculty, Industrial Design Department, Rhode Island School of Design
- Former, Board of Directors, Center for Craftsmanship
- Former, Department Head, Department of Furniture Design, Rhode Island School of Design
- Former, Interim Dean, Division of Architecture + Design, Rhode Island School of Design
- Current, Principal, a private furniture design and manufacture studio
- Current, Professor, Department of Furniture Design, Top Tier Art/Design School