This expert is triple board certified in Family Medicine, Addiction Medicine, and Hospice and Palliative Medicine. She earned her BS from Virginia Tech as well as Registered Dietitian License. From there she moved on to Stanford University, where she earned her MD. She completed a residency in Family Medicine at the University of California at San Francisco. She has over 25+ years of diverse clinical experience as well as extensive experience teaching medical students, residents, and advanced practitioners (FNP, PA's). Her expertise includes the Primary Care Scope of Practice with special focus in the evaluation and treatment of acute pain, chronic pain and addiction. She is directly involved in Stanford's evolving Standards of Care for Opiate Prescribing due to a national prescription drug abuse crisis in our youth.
She is a certified Mind Body Medicine Consultant through the Center for Mind Body Medicine in Washington DC. This included five year training in psycho-neuro-immunology, employing therapies such as yoga and other body work, guided-imagery, walking meditation, journaling and peer counseling as adjuncts to the Allopathic Medicine and traditional CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) approach.
In addition to her clinical duties, she has authored peer reviewed journal article and 5+ book chapters. She serves on several committees at her university and is actively involved in an overdose preventino organization.
- Location: Stanford, CA
- BS, Virginia Tech
- MD, Stanford University
- Residency, Family Medicine, University of California at San Francisco
- Board Certified, Family Medicine
- Board Certified, Addiction Medicine
- Board Certified, Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Current, Clinical Associate Professor of Family Medicine, major university
- Current, Founder/Director of External Relations, a fmamily health orgnaization
- Former, Medical Director, Sequoia Alcohol and Drug Rehabilitation Center
- Former, Emergency Room Physician, St Luke's Emergency Department
- Former, Family Physician, Tom Waddell Free Clinic for the Homeless and Uninsured