This highly qualified expert has 30+ years in EMS. He earned AS degrees in fire science technology and medical services technology from Indian River Community College. He is a certified EMT, paramedic, and firefighter. He has served as an EMT at Lifeline Ambulance Service Inc. and as a Paramedic at Emergency Medical Consultants Inc. before joining the Indian River County EMS unit in Vero Beach, Florida. There, he served as an EMS paramedic, an EMS lieutenant paramedic, EMS captain paramedic and finally as EMS deputy chief. He was previously on the Florida EMS Advisory Council and still holds positions on several state committees. He currently serves as battalion chief of training and QA/QI for a county fire rescue unit in Floria. In this role he is responsible for QA/QI of all EMS reports, training all EMS employees, and updating the unit's medical guidelines. He also currently serves on the NAEMT Board of Directors as a regional director and has presented on EMS related topics at CLINCON, IAFC-Fire Rescue Med, and APCO. He is a member of the National Fire Protection Association participates as a member of their Emergency Medical Services Committee and their Ambulances Committee.
- Location: FL
- AS, Fire Science Technology, Indian River Community College
- AS, Emergency Medical Services Technology, Indian River Community College
- BA, Biology, Franklin Pierce College
- Certified, Paramedic
- Certified, Emergency Medical Technician
- Certified, Fire Fighter
- Member, National Fire Protection Association
- Board Member, National Association of EMT
- Former, EMT, Lifeline Ambulance Service Inc.
- Former, Paramedic, Emergency Medical Consultants Inc.
- Former, EMS Paramedic, Indian River County EMS
- Former, EMS Lieutenant Paramedic, Indian River County EMS
- Former, EMS Captain Paramedic, Indian River County EMS
- Former, EMS Deputy Chief, Indian River County EMS
- Current, Battalion Chief & Training/QA, a county fire rescue/EMS unit in Florida