This highly qualified board certified expert earned his MD from the University of Chicago. Residency and fellowship training were completed at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center and Tufts University School of Medicine. He is actively involved in education and research; to date, he has authored over 125 original peer reviewed articles ad given countless presentations and lectures on several topics in breast cancer and general oncology.
His research interests include: health services research in oncology, cost-effectiveness and technology assessment across the spectrum of oncology care, and assessment of diagnostic and therapeutic interventions using decision analysis.
Currently he is a Professor Emeritus and Staff Physician at a major university affiliated medical center and the Chair of a national oncology group.
- Location: VA
- BA, Cornell College (magna cum laude)
- MD, University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine
- Internship, Michael Reese Medical Center
- Residency, University of Cincinnati Medical Center
- Fellowship, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Board Certification: Internal Medicine
- Member, Academy for Health Services Research
- Member, American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Member, European Society of Medical Oncology
- Member, Society of Medical Decision Making
- Member, American College of Physicians
- Member, American Cancer Society
- Member, Agency for Health Care Research and Quality
- Publications, 125+ original peer reviewed articles, 50+ invited lecture/ presentations
- Former, Associate Director, Outcomes Research Institute , university affiliated medical center
- Former, Associate Chair for Information Sciences. Department of Medicine, university affiliated medical center
- Former, Director of Computer Based Instruction, university affiliated medical center
- Current, Professor Emeritus, university affiliated medical center
- Current, Chair, a national oncology group