At Expert Institute, we’re building the smarter future of legal technology. Through our cloud-based expert service platform, Expert iQ, we empower attorneys with the expertise they need to win.
We’re proud to call some of the nation’s most prominent law firms as clients. Together with our network of over 3 million subject-matter experts, we’ve had a hand in securing over $20 billion in recovered value while working across recent civil rights, Big Tech, and major league sports-related litigation.
We’re making this all happen through a SaaS-enabled model: our team is the fuel helping the expert engine run. We’re a team of researchers, medical doctors, client advocates, business development leaders, and technologists. As we roll out new Expert iQ features, expand our client base, and onboard new experts, we’re always looking for growth-minded individuals to join the team.
This is a unique opportunity for those interested in building a career in a client-facing role or within the legal industry. Research Analysts are the foundation of Expert Institute’s Expert Search service and are responsible for sourcing, screening and vetting expert witness candidates who will aid in the litigation needs of attorney clients. You will spend much of your time interacting with subject matter experts via email and phone calls to determine each candidate’s suitability for the legal matter at hand. A valuable addition to a law firm’s workflow, Research Analysts act as consultants to provide the research and insight that clients need to make an informed, data-backed decision.
On a daily basis, you will:
- Balance working on multiple cases with varying deadlines
- Conduct background research to better understand the niche subject matter of each case
- Identify and connect with existing contacts in our system, and reach out to brand new candidates to expand our network of professionals
- Deliver thoroughly-researched expert recommendations
- Build relationships with experts to gather relevant information about their qualifications, provide insight into our process, and follow up on any outstanding items.
No two projects are ever the same and the deliverables we provide our clients play a significant role in the outcomes of litigation. As a result, our Research Analysts must be insightful, pay close attention to detail, be great teammates and strive to create an outstanding client experience.
- 0-2+ years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A client-focused mindset, prior customer service experience is a plus
- Excellent communication and active listening skills
- Ability to learn complex material and multitask
- Continuous self-learner and a competitive drive
- Proven experience being a great teammate
- Ability to work autonomously and achieve individual performance metrics
- Computer literacy; comfortable using cloud-based solutions to manage day-to-day business (i.e. Salesforce)
- Strong work ethic and a positive presence
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.