Expert Institute is an established legal services and technology startup. At our core, we match attorneys with the expertise, insights and resources they need to win complex litigation. We’ve been modernizing expert witness services for over a decade and call some of the nation’s most prominent law firms clients.
Central to our service and product delivery is Expert iQ, a web-based software solution launched in 2018. Expert iQ helps streamline collaboration between attorneys, experts, and team members at Expert Institute. It provides a repository of work history, a hub for collaboration, and a strategic delivery platform for our new and expanding content initiatives.
We are hiring the first member of our Human Resources team for our Milwaukee office in the Third Ward. You will report to the VP of Human Resources and work alongside a small team of Human Resources Generalists based in New York and California. This role will have exposure to all aspects of HR but will focus on recruitment and new hire onboarding, manage employee requests and foster an engaged employee population, and oversee daily operations of the office. This role provides the unique opportunity to be a leader and a go-to point of contact for a rapidly growing startup company.
If you are an HR professional who takes pride in delivering a great employee and candidate experience, works collaboratively with employees, hiring managers, and executives, and enjoys staying up to date in industry best practices and compliance updates, we’d love to hear from you. Someone who is organized and can problem solve to provide creative and actionable solutions with data will be a great fit to the team.
You will have the opportunity to work on all aspects of HR:
- Full cycle recruitment from start to finish - job intake, candidate screening, interviewing, hiring to continue building a best-in-industry team
- Be an employee resource for all HR-related matters - leave requests, coaching, employee relations, benefits and payroll questions
- Develop, refine, and train employees and managers in company policies and procedures
- Manage our HR software, JustWorks and BambooHR, for on-boarding and off-boarding employees, running bi-weekly & semi-monthly payroll cycles, administering benefits and the open-enrollment process, documenting any personnel changes, and submitting terminations
- Use our applicant tracking system, SmartRecruiters, to create an excellent and consistent candidate experience
- Work with the management team to continuously develop and coach managers and employees
- Contribute to the team’s professional development and engagement
- Assist in planning and coordinating team events - such as town hall meetings, company off-sites, team dinners, and other team-building events
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, psychology, I/O or other relevant field
- 3-5 +years of relevant work experience in human resources, recruiting or people operations
- Interest and success with in-house recruiting for tech and non-tech roles
- Knowledge of general compliance (FMLA, ADA, I-9, EEO, etc) and Wisconsin specific laws
- Certifications like PHR or SHRM-CP are a bonus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong emotional intelligence
- Ability to work with a high caliber team of driven, intellectual colleagues
- Continuous self-learner and ability to work autonomously
Why Expert Institute?
- Mission-driven startup up with opportunities for career advancement
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental & vision insurance and FSA option
- 401(k) program with employer match
- Generous vacation, sick and holiday time off
- New parent leave program
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion committee & initiatives