This expert is board certified in pediatrics and child abuse pediatrics, and certified as a life care planner. She is a full Professor of Pediatrics at a Medical School in New York. She has significant experience as a clinical and medical expert consultant and witness for causation in the field of sexual abuse, physical abuse, child neglect, child fatalities, and child product liability and safety, and for damages assessments as a life care planner. She has conducted expert evaluations for over 7000 children with concerns for physical abuse, sexual abuse, neglect and child fatalities through my primary academic position. She has an active clinical, research, advocacy and teaching career, as director of the academic programs related to Child Abuse Pediatrics at New York Medical College. In addition, she has reviewed child abuse cases as an expert in the context of family, criminal, malpractice and other civil matters through my consulting practice for prosecution/defense and plaintiff/defense across the country. She's been medical director of the child abuse expert evaluation programs at a New York medical center and a children's advocacy center at an institute for human development since 2002.
In addition, she has expertise in the evaluation and development of life care plans in catastrophic injury cases for adults and children as a certified life care planner (CLCP).
Expert in medical areas of child abuse including sexual abuse, sexual assault, physical abuse (fractures, head trauma, bruising & other trauma), child fatalities, child safety and product liability including sleeping deaths, choking, and burns, protocols for abuse evaluations, and medical forensic interviews. Additional expertise in development of life care plans in catastrophic injury cases.
- Location: NY
- BA, Public Health, Johns Hopkins University
- MPH, Public Health/Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins University
- MD, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Residency, Child Abuse Pediatrics/Forensic Pediatrics, Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Fellowship, Child Abuse Pediatrics/Forensic Pediatrics, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- Board Certified, Pediatrics/Child Abuse Pediatrics
- Professor of Pediatrics, New York Medical College School of Medicine
- Professor of Public Health, New York Medical College School of Public Health
- Certified, Life Care Planner (CLCP)
- Fellow, American Academy of Forensic Science
- Current, Director/Professor, Child Abuse Pediatrics Programs, a NY medical school and children's hospital
- Current, Physician Life Care Planner, a NY firm (life care planner certification for adults and children)